APRIL 28th WEBSITE AVAILABILITY ALERT
Our website server is going to be moved to a new data center. We expect the website will be unavailable from about 9am until at least 6pm on Saturday, April 28, 2018.
• ODOT Rail chief eyes corridor recovery after recent setbacks (Mar 2, 2018)
• Investigative Update on Amtrak Cascades derailment. (Jan. 25, 2018)
• In wake of derailment, Cascades frequency, connections rolled back. (Jan. 2, 2018)
• Leading NW rail advocates among fatalities in crash of Amtrak train 501.(Dec. 19, 2017)
• Rerouted Cascades derails on inaugural trip; multiple dead. (Dec. 18, 2017)
• More and faster service Portland to Seattle set for December 18 start.
• New Cascades locomotives enter service. (Nov 21, 2017)
• Just say No to Freeway Widening. (Sept 4, 2017)
• Learn about the growing opposition to wider Portland freeways (Sept 12, 2017).
• New Corvallis shuttle for Albany Amtrak station (Aug.2, 2017)
• Oregon Public Transportation Plan Summer 2017 Online Open House (thru August 31, 2017)
• Coast Starlight resumes operation earlier than expected. (May 10, 2017)
• Coast Starlight quietly suspended in wake of UP freight mishap. (May 3, 2017)
AORTA expresses concerns over lengthy Starlight cancellation. (May 3, 2017)
• AORTA president makes case for Cascades rail funding in published op-ed. (Apr 1, 2017)
• Trump’s budget hits transit and rail. (Mar. 16, 2017).
• Portland Union Station hosts NARP Northwest Division Meeting/Workshop March 4
• Willamette Shore Trolley may resume trips Memorial Day 2017 (Jan 19, 2017)
• AORTA letter to Oregon legislature on 2017 Transportation Funding (Oct 1, 2016)
• Amtrak Cascades Looks Toward 2017. (July 7, 2016)
• An Alternative to TriMet’s Powell-Division BRT Proposal (May 29, 2016)
• Oregon Amtrak Cascades stations offer Zipcar auto sharing services. (May 3, 2016)
• Governor’s Transportation Vision Panel Regional Forums. (updated Mar 17, 2016)
• The November 2015 AORTA Bulletin Read it now. (Nov. 20, 2015)
• Amtrak Cascades northbound schedule changed (October 24, 2015)
• Oregon Passenger Rail project identifies Alternative 1 as preferred choice. (October 22, 2015)
• MAX 2050: A Vision for the future. (Oct 5, 2015)
• November ballot measure to expand, improve transit in Salem (Aug 29, 2015)
• Cascades funding renewed as lawmakers watch ridership trend (June 24, 2015)
• AORTA Southwest Corridor LRT Proposal: Overview. Testimony. (May 31, 2015)
• State to continue Amtrak funds, seek improved scheduling. (April 13, 2015)
• AORTA mobilizes support for retaining Cascades trains (Mar 30, 2015)
• A High Line for SE Portland: ISE BREW bike/rail corridor (Jan 8, 2015)
• Common Sense Alternative II: Affordable Columbia Bridge Solution (Dec 23, 2014)
• SW Corridor transit plan: Panel defers action; AORTA views aired.
AORTA—The Association of Oregon Rail and Transit Advocates—is a 501(c)(3) non-profit citizen advocacy group working to educate the public about the need for safe, fiscally responsible, environmentally sound transportation. It is also known as the Oregon Association of Railway Passengers (OreARP). AORTA works cooperatively with the National Association of Railroad Passengers (NARP) while maintaining its autonomy.
AORTA is not just about rail passenger service. Its members recognize the need for balanced transportation services using all the modes appropriate for the area, the environment, the population served, and the funding available for such services. These include rapid transit, light rail, and bus, while laying the foundation for high speed rail in the Northwest.
AORTA is building sustainable
transportation for Oregon
Welcome to AORTA ... 40 years of transportation advocacy!